Black, gay men can be so cruel. Reverend Derek Terry reveals in his exclusive interview with G-List Society that most of the hate he received for telling his story on ‘Iyanla, Fix My Life’ was from his own people:
“What surprised me more was when once [my episode] promo started airing, I got so much negativity just off the promos even though people only got to see 15-30 seconds of three episodes. People basically deduced my whole story into that commercial blurb. People even found me on Facebook to criticize me.
I was most surprised is that about 90% of the negativity I have received was from Black gay men. That was very surprising and disheartening. The other 10% of the negativity came from Black women. This negativity came from a 30-second promo commercial.
They were mostly attacking my physical appearance. Many wrote things like ‘you’re ugly’ ‘you’re fat’ ‘you think you’re better than me’ ‘you think you’re this.’ Someone commented, ‘I am okay with being gay, but I don’t think that you should be gay and a pastor.’ Even though I haven’t responded to all the negativity, I wanted to say to that one comment that ‘you’re not really okay with being gay if you believe that gay men cannot be pastors too because if you are okay with your sexuality, you should be okay with gay people all across the board.’
Read the full interview here.
Gay for Pay models gives us a glimpse of their phat pockets with Whisper confessionals. — QUEERTY
Rihanna’s ‘Disturbia’, ‘So Hard’, ‘Rude Boy’, ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’, ‘Umbrella’, ‘Diamonds’, ‘Where Have You Been’, ‘We Found Love’, ‘Only Girl (in the World)’ and more get slayed by YouTube sensation Todrick Hall. Press play.